Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week 4

We didn’t have much class this week; Tuesday’s class was cancelled due to Amy’s child being sick and Thursday a “walk-out” was in place for all students and teachers protesting Governor Walker’s budget proposal. The half hour we were in class for we added the pelvic bone into our simple gesture drawings.  Personally, I think the pelvic bone is the hardest to see thus far.  I feel like I was still observing when time ran up for the gesture drawings, trying to soak it all in still.  The top part is easiest to see where it sticks out, but I kind of get lost in the bottom of it.  I will definitely need to work on this area.  During some poses it was really hard to see and I just had to sort of guess.  It will help me to review the front, back, and side views we went over in class.  I was disappointed we only got to draw for a short time.  I did find out however that there are many open drawing times throughout the week and I really want to make it to a few of them for extra practice.  We are starting the thigh muscles on our clay mannequins for over the weekend.  I feel like mine are unproportionate somewhere because they don’t look quite right but I can’t figure out what yet, too thick at the top maybe.  Im guessing we are still going to add more muscles that is the problem. I’m going to need to compare it to an example in the classroom, still haven’t mastered from the book yet.  Progress on our mannequins so far:


1 comment:

  1. I agree that it was hard to add the pelvic area. I think next week when we have more time and it isn't so rushed it will be a lot better. P.S. I don't think my proportions on the clay model are that good either.

    ReplyDelete