Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Week 9

Tuesday: I am starting to get a hang of the manikens and I think the muscles are getting easier and easier for me to visualize. One that we added that i think is very easy to see are the Deltoids. Some in the back i feel are harder to pick out in real life, but the shoulder has alot of curves and dimension going on around the shoulder bone.

Thursday: Lot of drawing in this week! 6 full hours! Still mainly working on the shoulder girdle. I noticed a significant amount of difference in the muscles from female to male models, definitely easier to see on a male.  I enjoy drawing the shoulder, I think I am losing sight of the egg though and I find myself just starting to draw the shoulders and then realizing i should add the egg in, such as in my second gesture drawing shown, i went right for the shoulder blades and i had to add the egg in toward the end and it looks too low in proportion to the body.  In my first gesture drawing below, even though it is only a 30 second drawing, I really like how you can see all the movement through the spine and the hips and the legs.  The bottom two are longer drawings.  I tried to focus mainly on contour lines in the last one because the armpit had so much depth going on.  I feel like the drawing looks kind of weird because i was smack dab on the side of him.

We learned a little bit about the arm today.  The elbow is located between the rib cage and the hips.  I think the arms have a lot more dimension than what we realize because people automatically think of them as two super long straight parts of the body, but theres actually a lot going on. 







2 comments:

  1. For your long poses, your contour lines are looking really good! For the bottom drawing, it would have been nice to see you work more on the legs than the head because we haven't been lectured about that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice drawings here. The gestures are good at conveying a lot of information with a small amount of lines. I really like the third drawing because you dealt with foreshortening very nicely. For the the final contour drawing I would think about using less contours on large masses like the pectoralis and only use more lines where you need to show more detail. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete